As many of you know, I was in Dubai during the first week of March. Even though I knew I had to book my tickets for the first week of March, it kept getting delayed for many number of reasons. So that meant I booked my tickets really late (I booked on 24th February and I was flying out on 4th March).
So why did I choose Emirates? Since I knew it was much easier to get the UAE visa online through Emirates. Since it was Dubai and I had booked my tickets at the last minute, the price difference between the various airlines was negligible (I always use Skyscanner and Kayak to check the prices). Even though I did a last minute booking, I got a fairly good deal.
Since I was not able to access the Emirates booking page from office, I booked my tickets with the help of an Emirates staffer who patiently guided me through the booking process over phone. He also gave me pointers on where I can apply for an UAE visa.
I am going to take you through a broad view of the entire process and the whole thing takes less than 15 minutes.
- Go to Emirates page.
- Click on Manage.
- Enter your ‘Last Name’ and ‘Booking Reference’ and click on Go.
- On the right side, you will see the below options. Click on ‘Apply for a UAE Visa’.
- Click on ‘Continue to Visa Application’ on next page. This redirects you to the VFS Global Services page.
- Next page will give you information on types of visa. Click on continue at the bottom.
- Enter all your passport details and click on ‘Continue’.
- In the next page, enter your email address details.
- You will get a ‘Visa Application Form’ where you have to fill all the required details and click on submit.
- You have to upload a scanned color copy of your passport’s front and back pages (Only pdf is allowed and size restriction is 200KB). Also upload a passport colour photograph not exceeding 40KB in size.
- Sometimes they may ask you for other documents like bank statements and proof of residency etc.
- Review your application and click on ‘Submit’.
- In the next page, you have to click on ‘Purchase’ and this will redirect you to the payment gateway.
- Once this is done, you can check the status of your visa application by using the right side form on the VFS page.
I am definitely going to use this service for its relative ease of use. You guys should definitely try it out. Check the list of FAQ's here.
Like this, then pin it.